Philosophies of Oriental Asia
Dept. of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures, LILEC, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna
- MA Degree summa cum laude in Philosophy, University of Venice, 1979
- MA Degree summa cum laude in Chinese Language and Literature, University of Venice, 1994
- PhD in Chinese Studies, University of Venice, 2012
- National Scientific Qualification for Teaching as Associate Professor (scientific field: East Asia Cultures)
- Analysis and translation of classical Confucian texts, in particular the works of Xunzi (III c. B.C.)
- Analysis and translation of ancient Taoist sources, in particular Neiye
- Reinterpretations of the ancient Confucianism, in the framework of contemporary hermeneutical perspectives
- Confucianism and New Confucianism as a topic of global philosophy and of intercultural debates
- Cultural and religious minorities in China: Muslims and Christians.
- Issues of ethical consensus between cultures and new critical approaches to the problem of the human rights.
- East and West, modernity and tradition in Chinese contemporary cultural debates
- Femininity and Masculinity, Gender issues in ancient Chinese thought
Teaching activities (as Adjunct Professor)
- Since 2000/2001 to 2007/2008: Teacher of Sinology (Classical Chinese Language and Thought), Dept. of Philosophy, University of Padua.
- Since 2001/2002 to 2009/2010: Teacher of Sinology (Classical Chinese Language and Thought), Master in Intercultural Studies, University of Padua.
- 2006/2007: Teacher of History of Chinese Religions, Dept. of Foreign Languages, University of Urbino.
- Since 2007/2008 to the present day: Teacher of Philosophies of Oriental Asia, Dept. of Modern Languages, Literatures and Cultures, LILEC, University of Bologna.
- Member of the AISC (Italian Society of Chinese Studies)
- Member of the CTI (Women's Italian Theological Association)
- Member of the CIRSSI (Interdipartimental Center of Intercultural Studies and Researches), University of Padua
- Member of the scientific board of Cosmopolis (www.cosmopolisonline.it), intercultural review (Perugia)
- Member of the editorial staff of Simplegadi, philosophical and intercultural review (Padua)
- Member of the editorial staff of Inchiesta, sociological and cultural review (Bologna)
- Member of The Ways of Translation, University of Venice
Participation in national and international research projects
- research project “Conflict in Political Thougt”, directed by Prof. Giuseppe Duso, University of Padua (Cofin 2000)
- research project “Constitution and Governance” (2005-2006) directed by Prof. Giuseppe Duso, University of Padua
- research project “Relationships between Eastern and Western Thought” directed by Prof. Giangiorgio Pasqualotto, University of Padua
- project “Sciences of Religions in XX century” directed by Prof. Alberto Melloni, FSCIRE, Fondazione Scienze Religiose, Bologna
- “Dossier sur les minorités ethniques, culturelles, religieuses”, directed by Prof. Joseph Yacoub, Chaire UNESCO, Université Catholique de Lyon
Participation in international conferences
- “Islam in China, a plural identity”, paper at the International Conference “Human Rights and Cultural Identities”, promoted by the European Community, University Federico II, Napoli, 30-31 January 2003
- “Esprit de réforme et confucianisme”, paper at the International Conference « Religions and Reforms » promoted by Konrad Adenauer Stiftung and the Royal Institute for InterFaith Studies of Jordan, and coordinated by Prof. M. Haddad, (University of Tunis), Jordan, Movenpick Resort, 29-30 January 2007
- “Sainteté intérieure (neisheng) et royauté extérieure (waiwang), paper at the International workshop « La responsabilité sociale des religions », promoted by Ecole Normale Supérieure de Tunis, Chaire UNESCO d'Etudes Comparatives des Religions de Tunis, Konrad Adenauer Stiftung, Tunis, 25-26 April 2008
- «Réalité de l'Etat chinois et potentialités de la tradition confucéenne face au problème du rapport aux minorités », paper at the International Conference “Les minorités ethniques, culturelles et religieuses”, Université Catholique di Lyon – Chaire UNESCO MĖMOIRE, CULTURES ET INTERCULTURALITĖ, 22 -23 April 2009
- “Man like God: Theomorphic powers of human beings in early Chinese thought”, paper at the International Conference Ad Imaginem Dei. Foundations and Objections within the Discourse of Human Dignity, promoted by the FSCIRE- Fondazione Scienze Religiose and UNESCO Chair for Religious Pluralism and Peace, Bologna, and by the Antonio Banfi Institute and Weltethos Stiftung Tübingen, Bologna, Via San Vitale, and Rossena/Canossa (Chairs: Alberto Melloni, PierCesare Bori), 16-17-18 July 2009
- "The Confucian Tradition", lecture at the International Conference on the Interreligious Dialogue, promoted by the University Lateranense and Religions for Peace, Roma, Sala delle Colonne, 22 November 2011
- "Friendship in Confucian Tradition", lecture at the International Conference "Between West and East, Friendship as a Central Issue in Different Cultures and Religions", promoted by Religions for Peace and the Accademia di Scienze Umane e Sociali (ASUS), Roma, Sala della Protomoteca del Campidoglio and Aula Volpi, University RomaTre, 25-26 October 2012
- "Western Images of China and Chinese Migration: for a Pluralistic Approach", paper at the International Conference "Making the Invisible Visible. Chinese Immigrant Culture beyond the Marketplace" promoted by the University of Padua, FISPPA (Dept. of Philosophy, Sociology, Psycology, Sciences of Education), LABREL (Laboratory on Religions) and by the Confucius Institute, Palazzo Capitanio, Sala delle Edicole, Padova, 7-9 October 2013
- 23/29 march 2009: in the Bologna delegation of the FSCIRE, leaded by Pier Cesare Bori and Alberto Melloni, meeting at Beijing with the Bishop, and meeting at the Beijing University (Beida) with Prof. Fei Wu and his students, Dept. of Philosophy.
- “Philosophie et sinologie, alterité de la Chine et réflexion européenne dans la perspective hétérotopique de François Jullien”, paper at the international conference « Philosophie et formes de la pensée » organized by the CRISIS (Centre de recherche interdisciplinaire d’histoire des idées) at the Université San Raffaele and the Laboratoire Interactions Culturelles et Discursives at the Université F. Rabelais de Tours, Université San Raffaele, Milan, 25-26 Octobre 2016
- Il Cielo, gli uomini. Percorso attraverso i testi confuciani dell'età classica (Heaven (Tian) and Men in Classical Confucian Texts), Cafoscarina, Venezia, 2000, pp. 134;
- Conflitto e armonia nel pensiero cinese dell'età classica: il ‘Trattato sui riti' di Xunzi (Conflict and Harmony in Chinese Classical Thought: Xunzi’s Lilun), Unipress, Padova, 2004, pp. 187.
- Le tradizioni del pensiero confuciano nel dibattito filosofico contemporaneo (Confucian Traditions in Contemporary Philosophical Debates), PhD Dissertation, University of Venice, Venice 2012, pp. 178.
- Neiye, il Tao dell’armonia interiore (Neiye, the Dao of Inner Harmony),Garzanti, Milano 2015, pp. 195
- Confucianesimo e taoismo (Confucianism and Taoism), EMI, Bologna 2016, pp. 159
She is a contributor to the following periodicals
- Ėtudes Interculturelles
- Mediterranean Journal of Human Rights
- Cosmopolis www.cosmopolisonline.it
- Giornale Critico di Storia delle Idee www.giormalecritico.it
- Asiatica Venetiana
- Inchiesta www.inchiestaonline.it